Friday 17 August 2012

Bright London Flames

Just to start off a more "official" blog..

So just recently the world had spent two weeks of their lives gathered and glued to the TV screen despite the deferences in time zones just to watch what I can't deny was one of the most spectacular sporting event in the world. (Yup, I was also having sleepless nights!)
From the very moment the Opening Ceremony began (3:50am where I was) I got up, rubbed the sleep off my eyes, got some toast and got right into it, before going for a hard morning training right after!

London Olympic Games 2012 was one of the most amazing events I had ever witnessed so far. Watching the worlds best athletes gather together and compete, as well as exchange and share culture and experience was such a spectacular thing and it really implemented a burning desire to reach that dream and do my country proud at the Olympics one day. I've also noticed the amount of tears of joy as well as heartbreaks which I guess you could say was the magic of the Olympics -A once in a lifetime event.
You could really see in their faces how emotionally involved the worlds best can be at such an event.
Listening to what the athletes had for say in their devotion in the lead up to the olympics, It really made realise the kind of discipline and inner strength (not to mention balls and guts of insane tolerance) I needed if I wanted a chance to live up to the dream.
It seemed like a long shot.
Don't get me wrong, I say it seemed like a long shot, but I also had a feeling inside me telling I could definitely do it, that as long as I put in what needed to be put in, nothing was impossible. I felt that 'highs' the olympians got as they crossed that finish line, broke that record, achieved that perfect somersault. It truly has awakened the Michael Phelps within me, and Chuck Norris Round-house kick of motivation to my head, especially after all the gutting and absolutely frustrating politics I just HAD to be the centre of.
Politics.. Something I guess you could say I'm lucky enough to know about and be smart enough to take in responsibly and ignore it when necessary at a young age like me. It's something you never want to be involved in, but at the same time just can't avoid for your own good.
It's been tough, but everyday I've been able to just ignore it and go on pushing myself hard, if not even harder in these past few weeks.
As I've been told: "focus on your performance, enjoy racing and training and try to ignore this bullshit as much as possible"
Not bragging or anything, but that's actually been relatively easy to do for me! (Well at least the ignoring bit)

Riki

No comments:

Post a Comment